The iconic Chrysler Building glows through the passing clouds.
This architectural detail is a terra cotta rosette located within a deep reveal at the central entrance to 130 W. 57th Street in New York City. Built in 1907-08 to provide living and working facilities for artists, the studio building at 130 West 57th Street is a rare surviving example of this unusual building type,… Continue reading Details
– Actor Hugh Laurie plays the bigger than life character Dr. Gregory House on the hit TV series House. In Times Square where everything is big and bright, House is really bigger than life. This billboard is at the NE corner of 46th Street and 7th Avenue. Canon G11.
– One World Trade Center under construction in lower Manhattan as reflected in the glass of the the Millennium Hilton Hotel on Church Street. The building in the left of the refection is the new 7 World Trade Center completed in 2006. The building with the green dome on top is Two World Financial Center… Continue reading Resurgence
– I saw this group of cobblestones in Central Park West just after we exited the trail around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir near the W 90th Street entrance to the park. The patterns, textures and the little touch a green from the grass growing between the stones caught my eye. Canon 5D Mark II.
– Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York City was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, the cylindrical museum building, wider at the top than the bottom, was conceived as a “temple of the spirit” and is one of the 20th century’s most important architectural landmarks. From the street, the building looks like a white ribbon… Continue reading Temple of the Spirit
– This is the Main Concourse in the center of Grand Central Terminal. The space is cavernous being almost as large as a football field. In the elaborately decorated astronomical ceiling the sky is backwards, and the stars are slightly displaced. It is said that when the Vanderbilt family learned the ceiling was painted backwards,… Continue reading Grand Central Terminal
– There are over 13,000 yellow taxicabs in New York City and they seemed to always being moving creating a constant yellow blur on city streets. The other common vehicle seen around new York streets are the NYPD’s RMPs (Radio Motor Patrol) or police cars to everyone else. Canon G11, 1/4 sec @ f/8.0, ISO… Continue reading Big Yellow Taxi
– Some long exposure camera blur from inside Grand Central Terminal in New York City. Canon 5D Mark II, 1 second @ f/13.0, ISO 400, 50mm focal length.